Welcome to Formulr and the world of motorsport where you will find championships, teams, drivers, riders, circuits, manufacturers and fans all in one remarkable platform. Our platform allows Users, both industry participants and fans alike, to discover, interact and share content.
Formulr collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. This Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by Formulr (referred to herein as “Formulr” or “we”).
Scope and Application
This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services to post, view or use content, or purchase products or services (“Users”).
Collection of Information
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, use our services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items purchased, and other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION YOU POST (USER CONTENT)
We collect information or content that you post to the Service including photos, videos, comments, likes, and other materials (“User Content”). You understand that User Content posted on the Service becomes public meaning it may be searched for, used, or shared by other Users. If you are an unverified User you may change your account to Private under the Settings page. If you choose to make your account Private your User Content will only be made available to your Followers. Once you have shared User Content, that User Content may be re-shared by others.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
- Location Information: When you use the Services, we may collect location data to identify where you are using the Service. If you permit the Formulr app to access location services through the permission system used by your mobile operating system (“platform”), we may also collect the precise location of your device. We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
- Contacts Information: If you permit the Formulr app to access the address book on your device through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store names and contact information from your address book to facilitate social interactions through our Services and for other purposes described in this Statement or at the time of consent or collection.
- Transaction Information: We collect transaction details when you choose to purchase products or services using our Services. All payments details such as credit card information are processed through a reputable and secure Payment Gateway service.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, including, for example, the hardware model, operating system and version, preferred language, and mobile network information.
- Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
Most mobile platforms (iOS, Android, etc.) have defined certain types of device data that apps cannot access without your consent. These platforms have different permission systems for obtaining your consent. The iOS platform will alert you the first time the Formulr app wants permission to access certain types of data and will let you consent (or not consent) to that request. Android devices may notify you of the permissions that the Formulr app seeks before you first use the app, and your use of the app constitutes your consent.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also receive information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example:
- If you choose to link, create, or log in to your Formulr account with a social media service (e.g., Facebook), or if you engage with a separate app or website that uses our API (or whose API we use), we may receive information about you or your connections from that site or app.
Use of Information
We may use the information we collect about you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to Users, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot software bugs and operational problems; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyse usage and activity trends;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of Formulr and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Personalise and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
Storing of Information
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement.
By registering for and using these Services you consent to the transfer of information to any other country in which Formulr or its Service Providers maintain facilities and the use and disclosure of information as described in this Statement.
Sharing of Information
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your information:
- With the general public if you submit User Content, such as comments, social media posts, or use other features of our Services. This may be restricted by making your account Private under Settings (not available to all types of Users);
- With third parties to provide you with products or services you requested through the Services, or through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
- With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
- With Formulr subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralisation and/or logistics purposes;
- With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
- If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
- In an aggregated and/or anonymised form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Formulr does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may integrate with social sharing features and other related tools which let you share actions you take on our Services with other apps, sites, or media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the social sharing service. Please refer to the privacy policies of those social sharing services for more information about how they handle the data you provide to or share through them.
We do not direct our Services to anyone under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent we will delete the information as quickly as possible. If you believe we might have any personal information about a child under 13 please contact us at [email protected]
Analytics and Advertising Services Provided by Others
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into the App and accessing the Settings page. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at [email protected]. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law.
For instance, if we deem you to be a connected profile within the world of motor sport (eg. championship, circuit, team, driver, rider, or manufacturer) then your profile page may be replaced by an editorial page and public posts and information may be retained for editorial or historical purposes.
We request permission for our app’s collection of precise location from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. Please note that this will limit your ability to use certain features of our Services. Additionally, disabling our app’s collection of precise location from your device will not limit our ability to derive approximate location from your IP address.
We may also seek permission for our app’s collection and syncing of contact information from your device per the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you initially permit the collection of this information, iOS users can later disable it by changing the contacts settings on your mobile device. The Android platform does not provide such a setting.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at [email protected].
Last Updated: 18th April, 2016